August 26, 2013 @ 4:57 PM
Here is a job our local service affiliate ran into recently. This was a wood burning fireplace insert that had been installed for many years with no liner or maintenance. The result was aan extremely dangerous build up of creosote that could result in a devastating chimney fire at any time resulting in loss of property of life. Luckily this customer called to have the chimney serviced before the upcoming burning season. Approximately eighty pounds of creosote was removed and a flexible chimney liner installed to the insert. This person can burn safely with an appliance that will run more efficiently then it ever has.